The Boise State Admissions Office is excited to host future Broncos! In order to best serve the needs of your group, we are flexible with dates and times. We will do our best to accommodate any requests from 9:00am until 5:00pm, Monday through Friday. We have scheduled specific dates for elementary and middle school groups.
Make your visit a success!
You can lay the foundation early for a successful group tour by preparing your students in advance for the visit. Challenge them to be prepared with questions for the enrollment counselor and student tour guide. Our tour guides are current Boise State students who love showing the campus to visitors and get excited sharing their own college experience with prospective students. Please review our tips for planning and FAQs before making your reservation.
HELP US BE GREAT HOSTS!
Please follow these tips to ensure that your visit is a pleasant experience for everyone:
- Plan ahead. We request three (3) week’s notice to process your request for a visit and send your confirmation. We will do our best to accommodate your date request but due to office hours and other campus events we may need to consider alternative dates. A confirmation email will be sent once your agenda is finalized.
- Group size is not limited, but we ask that there be one (1) chaperone per ten (10) students.
- Group visits will not be scheduled weekends or major holidays.
- Schedule changes made within two (2) weeks of your visit date cannot be guaranteed, but we’ll do our best to accommodate any unforeseen circumstances that may affect your group visit (example: traffic).
- If conflicts arise and you are unable to attend your campus visit, please contact us as soon as possible.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES AS A GUEST
- Please arrive on time. Allow yourself ample time to arrive on campus and locate the meeting point. If it looks like you will be late, please notify us immediately at (208) 426-1679. If your group is late, your itinerary may be modified or canceled.
- If your group size changes after confirming with us, please let us know as soon as possible since we staff volunteer tour guides for each visit and want to ensure we have the correct number staffed for your visit.
- Teachers/chaperones must stay with their assigned group throughout the campus visit. The chaperones are responsible for monitoring the group and ensuring that individuals behave.
- Please discuss with your students the importance of being quiet in the academic buildings to respect the learning environment of our current Boise State students.
- Encourage your students to come with questions for our presenters and student tour guides. We are excited to show you Boise State, but want to do our best to answer your questions and meet your needs throughout your visit.
WHAT DOES A TYPICAL VISIT INCLUDE?
A typical group visit includes a student-led campus tour (90 minutes) and an Admissions presentation (30 minutes), given by an Enrollment Counselor.
WHAT WILL MY STUDENTS SEE ON A TOUR?
A tour will cover the main campus and give the students an opportunity to see the Student Union Building (SUB), Student Recreation Center Albertsons Stadium, academic buildings, and residence halls. As tours are led by current Boise State students (volunteer tour guides) and are an excellent opportunity to get a student perspective on life at Boise State.
CAN MY STUDENTS HAVE LUNCH ON CAMPUS?
On most school days, groups may make arrangements to eat lunch in the Boise River Cafe. Lunch is around $10 per person (sales tax included) and the meal is an all-you-care-to-eat buffet. Arrangements must be made with University Dining Services at least two weeks in advance of your visit. If you are interested in any of our a la carte dining options in the Student Union Building or the Interactive Learning Center, please click here to learn more about campus dining options.
HOW MUCH TIME DO I NEED TO ALLOW FOR ARRIVAL AND PARKING ON CAMPUS?
Please plan to arrive on campus at least 20 minutes before your scheduled visit start time. This will allow time for you to park and locate your starting point, as well as give your students time to visit the restrooms before beginning their visit.
WHAT IF I AM RUNNING LATE?
If you are running late, please call us at (208) 426-1156 to let us know. We will do our best to accommodate your late arrival, but please keep in mind that volunteer tour guides are scheduled for one hour blocks of time and their schedules are not always flexible due to their own need to attend class. Allowing yourself extra time for traffic, arrival, and parking will ensure that you and your students are able to enjoy everything that is planned.
CAN MY GROUP VISIT A CLASS?
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer groups the opportunity to sit in on a class. Students, however, are welcome to return to visit individually and schedule a visit to a class.
WHEN CAN MY GROUP VISIT CAMPUS?
We are able to accommodate group visits on most weekdays throughout the school year. However, as we receive numerous requests, availability may vary depending on the volume of requests we have received.
HOW FAR IN ADVANCE SHOULD I SCHEDULE MY GROUP VISIT?
To allow us time to plan for you, please schedule your visit at least three (3) weeks in advance. However, the earlier a visit request is made, the more likely it is that we will be able to accommodate you on the date you request.
WHERE SHOULD WE PARK OUR BUS?
Due to the large number of visitors to campus, we ask that groups arriving in multiple buses unload passengers at the west entrance of the Student Union and then park in a location given in the itinerary. Additionally, we ask that groups be mindful of others and not block intersections while unloading passengers. Buses that park blocking an intersection will be asked to move.
WHAT TYPE OF FOOD SERVICE IS AVAILABLE?
Due to an exclusive contract between Aramark and Boise State University, no food service from outside vendors is permitted on campus grounds. Aramark is committed to the health and safety of guests and the chance of food-borne illness is too high of a risk from outside food sources. You are welcome to enjoy the Boise River Cafe or one of our many retail food locations. If you have a larger group or wish for a more private dining experience please contact University Catering at 208-426-2699.
CAN MY GROUP MAKE ARRANGEMENTS TO STAY OVERNIGHT?
Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate overnight guests.
WHO GIVES THE TOUR?
The tour is given by trained Boise State students who are able to give the history and uses of university buildings, inform you about fun, historic university traditions, and provide their own views and perspectives of the Boise State student experience.
IS THERE A FEE FOR THE TOUR?
No. We enjoy your visits and are happy to arrange an itinerary for you with ample advance notice.
DO WE HAVE TO MAKE A RESERVATION FOR THE TOUR?
Yes. Group tour reservations are mandatory, three (3) weeks in advance.
CAN AN ADVISING SESSION BE INCLUDED?
Yes. The group has the opportunity to meet with an enrollment counselor before or after the tour.
HOW CAN I SCHEDULE A CAMPUS TOUR?
Please use the convenient online request form on this page, email firstname.lastname@example.org or you may call us at (208) 426-1191.
HOW WILL MY TOUR RESERVATIONS BE CONFIRMED?
You will receive a confirmation email when you provide a valid email address to us when scheduling your tour. (Be sure to add email@example.com to your contacts to avoid having our emails to you being blocked by spam blockers.) This email contains very important information about your visit.
WHAT SHOULD I WEAR FOR THE TOUR?
Wear casual clothes and comfortable walking shoes. You can view the weather for Boise here.
CAN WE GET A CAMPUS MAP AND DIRECTIONS?
Of course! When you notify us far enough in advance we can send you a confirmation email with directions to campus and a campus map. Your confirmation email will have website links with parking instructions. Click here for an online campus map.
AS A GROUP LEADER, WHAT SHOULD I BRING?
Thanks for asking! You should bring a copy of your confirmation email and the information we mailed to you so you know where to park and when to arrive. You will also have our contact information so you can keep us advised as to your location and arrival time.