NoticeAn application fee is required to submit an application for admission. You will be unable to submit your application without payment or an approved application fee waiver.
The application fee amount is dependent on the type of application you are submitting:
- $50 undergraduate application
- $85 international undergraduate application
- $65 graduate application
- $95 international graduate application
The application fee is non-refundable. Once you have submitted payment for an application we are unable to refund your application fee.
- Application fees are payable through our online application by Visa, MasterCard or Discover. Payment online is processed through a secure web server and is the recommended method of application fee payment.
- Applicants wishing to pay by check or money order should mail payment and a cover sheet that includes the student’s full name, date of birth, phone number and email address to:
Boise State University Admissions
1910 University Drive
Boise, ID 83725-1320
Once the check or money order is received, Admissions will credit your online application with payment. You will receive an email that your payment has been processed and then you may submit your application online. If you are paying your application through check or money order, please allow us two business days to process your payment. We will need to process your payment and you will need to submit your application online prior to any applicable application or scholarship deadlines.
- Admissions strongly encourages students to pay by credit card, check or money order. Cash payment by mail is not advised due to the inability to track payment. If you must pay by cash, please bring your application fee payment to our office in the Student Union Building (SUB). Boise State Admissions is located on the first floor of the SUB. You may access a campus map for more detailed directions.
Application Fee Waiver
Students applying for undergraduate admission may qualify for a waiver of the application fee by providing documentation of economic need. If you submit a completed application fee waiver form, please allow us two business days to process your waiver. We will need to approve your waiver and you will need to submit your application online prior to any applicable application or scholarship deadlines.
Please note: International students are not eligible for application fee waivers based on financial need.
If you submitted an application in error and paid the wrong fee (for example, you need to be a graduate student, but applied as an undergraduate student and paid the undergraduate application fee), please contact Admissions at 208-426-1156 to discuss your options.